Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Journey Begins


Hello To All:

Well another exciting chapter in my life has begun. This time the journey takes me to a wonderful Kingdom called Thailand. I am very fortunate to be part of such an amazing team. It always amazes me that no matter where you go in this world, whether next door or half way around the world, there are people out there similar to yourself. We, the team, may all be individuals but we all have the same drive, focus, and passion needed to make this journey, or better, this adventure a huge success.

Currently I am working in a Long Term Care facility in Sarnia, Ontario as a Nutritional Manager. To clarify, as a member or the interdisciplinary team, I ensure the dietary department follows the individual nutritional care place designed by the dietician for our residents. As well as the nutrition field I am a trained chef. Another reason I am so excited about this adventure, Thai cuisine is one the most interesting in the world. I grew up just outside of Chatham, Ontario and am presently residing there but lived for several years in Toronto. As well, I was given the unique opportunity to work and live in Italy as a chef in a 14th Century castle which has been converted to a hotel.

I have to take this moment to thank Rotary for giving me this opportunity. Rotary has had a major impact on who I am today. I was first introduced to Rotary at age sixteen where I embarked on the chance of a lifetime, like my fellow team member Brandon. I was among the few chosen to be a part of the Rotary Youth Exchange Program, where I studied a year abroad in Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia. Now several years later, I am still involved with Rotary Youth Exchange Program, this time as a Non-Rotarian Counselor to the inbound student as well as a member of the Social committee for inbound students. Besides inbound students, I also enjoy being part of the selection committee for the outbound students. But my involvement with Rotary doesn’t stop there; I am also part of a wonderful weekend, RYLA. Those who have been know what I am talking about. And now here I am once again with Rotary by my side through this next adventure in life.

Ciao

No comments: