Friday, December 15, 2006

WOW, Thailand.



WOW, Thailand; another exciting piece of my life’s puzzle is upon me and it’s taking me to Thailand. I would like to thank Rotary International and District 6380 for allowing me to be a part of the 2007 Group Study Exchange Program (GSE) to Thailand and also for the amazing opportunities Rotary International provides like the Rotary Youth Exchange Program, RYLA and much more. www.rotary.org

Sawatdee Ka (Hello), I’m Brandon LeClair-Stuart from Chatham, Ontario, Canada. I am currently employed at Union Gas Ltd, a Spectra Energy Company (as of January 2007) where I am a Distribution Planning Engineer-In-Training (Mechanical Engineer-In-Training). My job entails approving new natural gas pipelines, approving new customers, emergency response and much more for my district of responsibility in northern Ontario.

I have been participating in Rotary events since 1995, when I was chosen as a Rotary Youth Exchange Student to France. I lived in Tours, France for one year. Since my year away and returning to Chatham after my studies, I have been participating in events with the Rotary Youth Exchange Students and RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Award) Program. Programs like these, along with the GSE Program, truly make the world seem smaller.

As we prepare for our trip to Thailand, I am looking forward to getting know the other team members and participating in this blog to share our experiences with you.

No comments: